WP to Frame cleanup: Solution and thanks

Thanks to all who responded. The simplest suggestion worked
beautifully--I simply saved the file in Frame with a new name and
cleared all change bars. I can't even imagine why that worked when no
other standard strategy would, but it did and I'm happy. So I'm going
home for the day before any other disasters befall my files!