Re: Cleaning up WordPerfect to Frame conversion

Jo Baer wrote:

>... I'm trying to update a manual
>which was originally written in WordPerfect, and subsequently converted
>to Frame. ...
> the change bars that were present in WP won't go away. The
>only way I've found so far to delete the change bars is to delete the
>text and retype it manually.
>
>None of the normal strategies--Clear all change bars, Esc c h, using
>Para designer, using Character designer--works to get rid of those pesky
>change bars. If I have to delete and retype text, that's what I'll do,
>but I'd sure love a cleaner way.

How about the scorched-earth option? Go back to WP, save the
original as text, import that to Frame & re-tag. (If you don't
have WP available, forget I ever said anything.)

This usually works better than going through all the hassles of
*trying* to move documents across various word processors. And it's
easier than re-typing the text AND re-tagging. :-)

Also, have you tried saving the Frame file as MIF and reloading?

	Larry