Cleaning up WordPerfect to Frame conversion

Cross-posted to both Frame lists.

I'm going crazy! OK, so it's a short trip. I'm trying to update a manual
which was originally written in WordPerfect, and subsequently converted
to Frame. The problem I'm encountering today, and the day's not yet
over, is that the change bars that were present in WP won't go away. The
only way I've found so far to delete the change bars is to delete the
text and retype it manually.

None of the normal strategies--Clear all change bars, Esc c h, using
Para designer, using Character designer--works to get rid of those pesky
change bars. If I have to delete and retype text, that's what I'll do,
but I'd sure love a cleaner way. BTW, I don't have Frame Script, so a
script doesn't seem to be the answer.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Jo Baer