Re: Should there be wording on blank pages in a .pdf file?

Right on, Charles. Putting something on a blank page to indicate that it is
intentionally blank is not "just" a mil-spec requirement. It's a requirement
in mil specs because it is an attempt to (at least partially) nullify
Murphy's Law when printing double-sided. As you say, how does the printer
know whether it's a misfeed or an intentionally blank page if both are
completely blank?
At 07:02 PM 4/5/00 +0100, Charles Hawtrey wrote:
>Eric,
>
>And the guy who prints or photocopies 1000 pages, on to double-sided paper: how
>does he/she know whether it was one of your, well, blank pages, or a
not-so-well
>misfeed resulting in 950 pages needing to be printed/copied all over again?
>
>I know - I've done it more times than I care to remember. So I have an
indication
>on every intentional blank. In our in-house standard, the page number is
printed.
>Not the same as a blank piece of paper. And it's easy to do, using the book
setup.

>Charles Hawtrey
>
>ERIC Lawson - x52010 wrote:
>
>> My response is probably best for the tech writers list, but for my part I
>> usually signal a blank page by, well, leaving it blank.  It's tougher to
>> signal the end of a chapter, but I usually do that by, well, ending the
>> chapter and starting the next one.
>>
>> regards,
>> Eric
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646