Re: HowTo? Running H/F 1 over multiple docs for one chapter in a book

Jeremy,

I would like to make only one comment -- I have found that the larger my
document sections, the more likely I am to encounter such memory problems as the
BSOD.  And yes, we do have a lot of graphics, imported by reference.  Now, I
believe part of the problem is the combination of Windows/NT's poor memory
management combined with the necessity to run multiple "hog" applications, of
which FrameMaker is a prime example, exceeded by the Java applications I also
must run.

However, breaking FrameMaker documents at subsection level does work pretty
well.  The only problem we have encountered is a slight tendency toward
pagination problems when a follow-up document (section 5a, for example) starts
on an even-numbered pages.

Alice Preston
Telcordia Technologies, Piscataway, NJ
apreston2@telcordia.com