Re: Inserting "for-leader" info in training manual

Steve Schwedland <steve@noonetime.com> wrote:

>Thomas Neuburger wrote:
>>I have a sample I prepared for someone on another list.
>>I'll send it separately.
>
>Thomas,
>
>(Let me preface this by noting that I am saying this for the well being of
>all on the list - kinda)
>
>NO FAIR!! You're keeping secrets! :^)

Actually I'm just keeping a binary off the server... :)

>(OK, now I will be serious)
>
>What is the basic idea of your solution.  I was thinking he could create a
>separate master page for the instructor notes, set that to flow B and then
>use that for every other page of the book.
>
>Or something like that.

That's basically it, but there's a lot of manual labor
involved. I posted a "solution" I hadn't tested, it
bombed, and so I did one I tested. I didn't tackle
all the issues, like page numbers and conditional
texting, but I did do the flows and a procedure for
working them.

But you have the right idea -- two master pages,
one for left sides, one for rights, connect left to
left, right to right. It's just that the second set
of connections must be done one page at at time, by
hand (ugh).

Tom Neuburger

Mastering Framemaker
Foundation: Building Sentence Skills