Inserting "for-leader" info in training manual

Hi;

I'm working on a training manual for a course.  The student's workbook is a
multi-chapter book, around 100 pages long.

I have to insert additional information for the course leader--more
detailed explanations, answers to exercises, additional info, etc.  It
would be ideal if there was only one document, which could be printed
either as a student's workbook, or leader's guide.

A nice way to do it would use two text flows, A and B, in such a way that A
is always on the left side (even page), and B is always on the right side
(odd page).  The student's material is on the left side, and any leader
comments for that particular material is on the right.

However, Frame 5.5.6 does not seem to have tools to customize page
connections to work like this.  Essentially, I would be forever inserting
or deleting uncommected pages, and it's not clear to me if or how I can
*not* print the leader's flow by some master page fiddling.  [NOTE: the
course is by no means a mature finished product!]

The obvious way is to use conditional text.  This has two problems:
-short sections of leader material can get lost
-long sections of leader material will interrupt the flow

The best I can address the first is to make leader text grey with change
bars.  (If we set up for colour printers, the leader text could be red,
which would solve the problem for sure.  That assumes that a colour printer
will be available.)  The second problem can be sort of dealt with by
chopping up the leader material as much as possible....then of course we
reduce it to the first problem.  :-)

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Ed (take me to your leader's guide) Treijs