Re: Inserting "for-leader" info in training manual

Hi Ed,

Personally, I would stick with your idea of using conditional text, but I
would also try to mock up the two column layout using sideheads. That is,
for the majority of your text, have a nice wide left hand margin that is
blank (though there's no reason why, for example, headings shouldn't be
defined across sidehead columns if you wanted). Then set up a series of
paragraph formats for your "for-leader" info, and make them all sidehead
paragraphs. Then, when you add for-leader inf0rmation, apply conditional
text to them (you could probably do that with a search and replace as well,
if you named your paragraph styles consistently).

This has the advantage that it shouldn't break up the flow of non-leader
information too much (unless you have vast amounts of for-leader
information): text that appears on P42 of the student coursebook ought to
appear on P42 of the leader coursebook as well.

--
Neal Dench // ndench at yahoo dot com
http://members.xoom.com/ndench/