Re: Online FAQ

On Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:34:01 -0800, ezra <ezra@Resonate.com> wrote:

>The main problem is finding a web site to host this,

Hosting is not a problem; Omni will do it, and I'm quite sure
that FrameUsers will too.  The more the merrier.  But then...

>a set of "owners" of the FAQ,

This is the toughie.  We've had two volunteers so far for gathering
FAQ items.  It's not clear to what degree each can/will provide the
essential fact-checking, editing, and formatting, and in any case
that can always change...  This can be a major time-gobbler for the
person who takes it on, which is why I'm not volunteering.

>and a way to submit additions and corrections to it.

That would be via (one of) the editors, probably by email, so it
would be up to them.  An unedited FAQ can be like a list archive,
spotty, with good and bad advice intermixed.  That's what makes
the job of editor so demanding.

I don't mean to discourage anyone, quite the opposite.  I'd love
to see a current, well-maintained FAQ for Framers.  Who wouldn't?
But it takes a major commitment of time and energy on the part of
the editor, and that needs to be understood up front.

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **