RE: Pdfs and 5.1.2 driver

<snipped>It has been stated over and over and over again on these lists
that, to
produce trouble-free PDF from a postscript file, you MUST use the Distiller
PPD when printing to a postscript file from FrameMaker.

1. In FrameMaker choose File > Print Setup. In the Print Setup dialog choose
Distiller as the printer, click the Properties button to set up the
properties for the printing job, and click OK.

2. Now, in FrameMaker, you can choose File > Print, and print to a .ps file.

3. With Distiller set up with the proper job options, open the postscript
file produced in step 2, and distill it.</snip>

I guess my previous post wasn't clear.  This is what I did, and this is how
I got the bullets that look like gray boxes.  When I use the HP printer,
however, and its drivers, my pdf looks fine.  That was my point - I don't
understand why I when I use Distiller PPD with 5.1.2 it doesn't work.

Arial Black, a true-type font. Maybe this is the reason I get the gray
boxes, although I did use the distiller PPD and 5.1.2 driver.

But I'm thinking maybe I installed the driver incorrectly - when the
installer asks me to select a ppd, the only one available was under
adobe\acrobat 4.0\nt40x86, and is titled "Default PostScript Printer."  Then
when I open the Distiller PPD properties page, I select the driver "Adobe PS
Default PostScript Printer."  Is this correct?

I think I'm as sick of this as everyone else, so that's my last question.