RE: Pdfs and 5.1.2 driver

At 3/6/00 07:04 AM, Melanie Shook wrote:

>Arial Black, a true-type font. Maybe this is the reason I get the gray
>boxes, although I did use the distiller PPD and 5.1.2 driver.
>
>But I'm thinking maybe I installed the driver incorrectly - when the
>installer asks me to select a ppd, the only one available was under
>adobe\acrobat 4.0\nt40x86, and is titled "Default PostScript Printer."  Then
>when I open the Distiller PPD properties page, I select the driver "Adobe PS
>Default PostScript Printer."  Is this correct?
>
>I think I'm as sick of this as everyone else, so that's my last question.

If you really want, I'll make this my last answer.

NO! You must use the Distiller PPD, not the default PostScript printer PPD.
You can generally find the Distiller PPD in the DISTILLR\XTRAS subdirectory
of Acrobat. Using the "default PPD" will result in improper TrueType font
embedding / rendering as well as the possibility of monochrome images in your
PDF file.

         - Dov