Re: Table Header Solutions

Lani -

One thing that you may want to check on regarding this issue is HOW
the table converted after importing into FrameMaker - is it really
ONE table or did it convert into multiple tables? (Try using the
find option "Any Table" in your document and see what gets selected
the entire table or only part of it.

The filter process can not create a table with straddles, so the only
answer is to 'split' the original table into pieces, and then, to make
it look right, these are placed immediately one after another with no
space between (the table format uses overrides!), thus looking like
the original.  (another test -- open the table designer and reapply
the catalog format to the table and if it asks, remove overrides)

For example, when converting from Word, a single table with straddled
cells becomes multiple tables stacked on top of each other, i.e., they
are consecutive in the Frame file.

This behavior could explain why even though you added a header row to
"the table" it did not carry over to the next page.

- Lester
  Lester C. Smalley                   | email:  LSmalley@Infocon.com
  Information Consultants, Inc.       | Phone:  (302) 239-2942 ext-13
  Hockessin, DE  USA 19707-0310       | FAX:    (302) 239-1712
    * * Adobe Certified Expert -- FrameMaker and FrameMaker+SGML * *
INFOCON is an ADOBE SOLUTION SALES PROVIDER and offers hardware/software
  dedicated to providing integrated office solutions for productivity.
                         http://www.infocon.com/