Re: Font properties fail to update

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 13:56:10 -0600, Madonna_Baird.RTS@raytheon.com wrote:

>I've got a couple of documents which were originally Word Perfect, they are now
>in Frame.  When I try to use the global update of a paragraph definition (font,
>or font size) some paragraphs or entire pages do not update.  When I click on
>the paragraph, the Paragraph Designer says it has the properties I want, but if
>I highlight the text and use the Format Font or Format Size from the menu it
>shows what they really are and I can change them that way.  Why is this
>happening?  How do I fix it?   Do I have to keep manually finding these and
>fixing them?

The font info in the Paragraph Designer is only the info for the "Default
P Font"; it does *not* reflect the actual settings in use in the para.  You
need to use the Character Designer to determine and override those.

See if your non-updating paras have a named character style applied to them.
I've noticed that the import filters often create a char style named "Default
Paragraph Font" (**not** with the Para symbol, but with the whole word).  This
will override your global update; you'll need to get rid of it by applying
the real "Default P Font" from the Character Catalog.  At least, that's what
I do... there may be more clever methods, that do not wipe out overrides you
really want to keep.

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/