Re: Converted Text Appearing in an anchored frame

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:19:24 -0500, Melanie Shook <mshook@com2001.com> wrote:

>I have some short documents given to me by programmers in Word2000.  I have
>to include the text in my Frame (5.5.6) documents.  When I cut and paste,
>the text appears inside an anchored frame.  I want the text to appear in my
>text frame, not a separate anchored frame.  Does anyone know how I can do it
>(without buying any conversion tools)?

Sure.  You need to edit maker.ini in your Frame directory, while Frame is
not running.  Look for a line like this:

 ClipboardFormatsPriorities=FILE, OLE 2, EMF, META, DIB, BMP, MIF, RTF, TEXT

and edit it so that TEXT is the first item.  Be *very* careful when editing
this file not to add line breaks within any item; Notepad is an OK editor.
And always save a copy of the original file under another name first, so if
anything goes wrong you can see if your edit caused it.

HTH!

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/