Re: Locking 'Templates'

Have you considered creating a customized menu set that includes/excludes the
menu commands (and also their keystrokes)  you want users to have access to?

Check out Help > Online Manuals > Customizing FrameMaker Products. Look for the
contents topic "Menu and command configuration files"

You can create a .bat file (in Windows), a unix script, or an AppleScript, that
can substitute any menu configuration file for the default one, then start
FrameMaker, so that when you start up FrameMaker by launching one of these
script techniques, the user gets the restricted abilities that you want. If
varying the menu choices is not an issue, you can just substitute the restricted
menu file for the standard one and users just launch FM the "usual" way.

Regards,

Peter Gold
HighSoft, Inc.