Re: Auto-Decimalisation of pages

At 10:07 PM 9/23/99 -0700, Jim Drew / Ciao! Publications wrote:
>"Martin Forand" <mforand@justice.gouv.qc.ca> writes:
>
>>When there is more modified pages then currents pages in the volume, we
decimalise the pages surplus.

>>In my SGML document, I have a tag who tell me that the modified block of
>>pages was page 18 to page 22 (5 pages).  But the modification have create 2
>>new pages (total of 7 pages).
>>The new page number should be 18, 19, 20, 21, [22, 22.1, 22.2,] 23 ...
>
>I'm not entirely certain that it works well with structured flows, but there
>is a no-longer-documented feature in FrameMaker called Freeze Pagination,
>accessed via Esc p z.  Basically, after pagination is "frozen", pages added
>to a flow become "point" pages, as described above.
The freeze pagination feature doesn't work with structured flows, because it
puts each "frozen" page in a separate flow. However, I've developed a
solution (not very automated, however), and I have a paper available (PDF)
that describes how it can be done.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646