Re: FW: Unisys Launches Massive Ripoff of the Web

Adobe ran into this Unisys LZW issue several years ago. Even though we
site licensed it, Unisys was raising issues about anyone receiving content
with LZW compression used in our products.

As such, Acrobat 3 and Acrobat 4 do not use LZW compression in CREATING
PDF files. The options include JPEG and ZIP for color and grayscale;
CITT Group 3, CITT Group 4, ZIP, and run length encoding for single bit
bitmaps.

PDF files generated with recent versions of Adobe Acrobat 4 have no
reason to be concerned about Unisys' licensing gambits.

         - Dov