RE: CE languages

There is however, a problem with Central European and Cyrillic languages
caused by the fact that FrameMaker has 5 locked code points in the ISO Latin
codespace. If the font you are using for these languages includes a
character that uses one of those locked code points, then FrameMaker cannot
produce the character. Until such time as FrameMaker gets rid of these
locked code points and supports Unicode, it cannot support many Central
European and Cyrillic languages, as well as other languages which exceed the
255-character codespace, and/or use the locked code points. There is no
known workaround.
At 03:42 PM 8/27/99 -0500, Michael Grant wrote:
>>I had the same problem but solved it thanks to Dmitri Yunov. Actually it was
>>very simple - just install the keyboard for the language you want to use
>>(control panel ->  keyboard -> input locales on my NT 4.0). After rebooting
>>the fonts will appear in the Frame fonts list. I have tried it succesfully
>>with Baltic and Turkish fonts using 5.5.6.
>
>Baltic you say? Because I do have the Baltic multilingual support
>installed, including Latvian and Lithuanian keyboards, but Latvian
>and Lithuanian texts in Arial are coming out gibberish when I try to
>open them in Frame.
>
>I haven't tried creating original documents in Frame in Latvian and
>Lithuanian (because I don't know those languages), but I have in
>Czech and that seems to work. But not all my suppliers (I run a
>translating agency) have FrameMaker, so I need to be able to convert
>from other formats.
     | Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646