RE: Line numbering and file breaks

Framers:

> > 2. - Is it possible to have line numbering down the side of a page,
where
> > the numbering counts only the lines with text in them and not blank
lines?
> Despite what some others have stated, there is no viable way to do this
in
> FrameMaker without developing an API client.

Why are these empty paragraphs there?  For layout and spacing purposes, as
is common in Word documents?  Just use search-and-replace with wildcards to
find paragraphs that are empty and delete them [find: \(\p\)\(\p\);
replace: \1; I don't have access to FM or any manuals right now, so regular
expressions may not be correct].  In legal contexts, numbering restarts
with each page break.  If you need numbering to continue across book files,
no dice.  Unless you want to add a numbering counter in its own numbering
flow to every para tag, but that would count only paras, not lines.

Regards,
Hedley