ADMIN: SPAM control

Hi.  Since it's obvious that at least one spammer has found
us, I've taken some steps to secure the Framers list against
such abuse.

First, I've turned on screening scans that will detect many of
the domain names and text phrases associated with spammers.  The
particular post that came through would not pass now.  But this
sort of word list is never complete, and this method alone is
inadequate.

Second, I have regretfully turned off the "who" and "which"
commands.  I will be happy to send the "who" output (a list
of members) to any list member who wants it... just email me
and ask for it.  I will *never* refuse such a request from
any real list member.  If someone joined today, though, and
I'd never heard of them or seen posts from them elsewhere...
well, they might need to do some explaining first.  <g>  I
think this is sufficient to protect us all from being added
en masse to those lists of ten million email names they keep
trying to sell me...  ;-)

Please let me know if you have any other ideas about what we
can do to prevent such list abuses from being repeated.  And
thank you for being here!

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/