Re: Database Publishing with FrameMaker

There used to be a tool done by some company in Montreal (name escapes me
and I don't know what backup volume it's stored on) that would publish from
a 4th Dimension database to Frame, but it didn't involve SGML (as far as I
recall) and I don't think they updated the product after version 4 of
Frame.  This is going back some, but I recall that they either dropped it
or sold it to someone in the US.  Some colleagues were using it for a while
to publish to FrameBuilder.

Maybe Dan knows the answer to your question.  If not, Jack Rogers is a Mac
database guy who uses 4D, but I don't know what he uses to go from 4D to
Frame.  Haven't seen him post on the framers list for a long while, but as
of April this year his address was
Jack Rodgers <jrodgers@bellsouth.net>
Might be worth dropping him a note to ask.

If there's still a copy of Frame connections on the Adobe site, then maybe
you'll find some info there.  That's where we started the chase way back
when that led to us getting the software mentioned above.

I'm also interested in the answer to your question.

Bill