Re: Encore: draft of posting protocol

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 12:04:36 -0700 (PDT), Ezra Steinberg
<Ezra.Steinberg@Resonate.com> wrote:

>This also has my vote. FrameMaker work also exists in a "global economy",
>i.e. we integrate (have to) with a wide variety of tools to get the job
>done.

Yes.  Really, what we want is discussion on *all* topics of interest to
the list members.  To me, this includes FrameMaker, related products,
tools used in tech pubs in general, list-related issues... and a bit
of humor.  Even a dash of politics now and then, just not overdone.

What we *don't* need is info on magazine subscriptions <g>, repeats of
the long previous post at the end of yours (agonizing for digest members
especially, but a bandwidth-eater for all), or messages intended for our
robotic friend majordomo going to the list...  If we avoid that, we will
have lots of room for discussion of all topics of interest!

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/