Re: Graphics question

Carolyn Stallard wrote:
Grant, on Windows you can use SnagIt to crop with a fade: on one, two, three, or all four sides. Other edge effects available, also. (No connection with TechSmith, just a satisfied customer.)

Two points. One is that in my book Snagit is the bee's knees. The second is I do my captures plain and then manipulate on a copy in case I get it wrong. Snagit will cope just fine as long as the area of interest is in the center of the capture, if not then add the vignette in PaintShop Pro or Photoshop, or... In any case I find this is faster than the EPS route. BTW, I've found that while TIFF takes a lot of space they are easy to get good quality from. In fact Wiley insists on TIFF for their books.

However, they are not *all* that bright, they insist on the use of a Word template. I have not been able to get them to budge on that. It's about as smart as hiring a contractor to re-model your house and telling them they can't use power tools.

TTFN,

Allen Schaaf
Information Security Analyst
Training & Instructional Designer
Sr. Writer & Documentation Developer
Certified Network Security Analyst and
Intrusion Forensics Investigator - CEH, CHFI
Certified EC-Council Instructor

Security is lot like democracy - everyone's for it but
few understand that you have to work at it constantly.