RE: style questions

Many thanks to all of you who responded! Your feedback is very helpful.
I am a lone writer, and it's nice to be able to bounce these kinds of questions
off fellow writers for a change...

From: "Susie Q" <strct_rookie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: style questions
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 16:15:35 -0400

Forgive the not-strictly-on-topic questions, but I wonder how other
writers feel about these style choices:

1) referencing chapters, figures, tables using lowercase instead of
   upper.

For example:

see figure 1-5 in chapter 3, Using our Software

instead of:

see Figure 1-5 in Chapter 3, Using our Software

2) Using quotation marks to set off a referenced heading, instead
   of italics.

For example:

see "That other section I wrote" for more information

instead of:

   see _That other section I wrote_ for more infroamtion
   (where the _section name_ would be in italics)

I'm finding both of these hard on my eyes, and wonder what
is generally used.

Thanks for any feedback --