From: Fred Ridder [mailto:docudoc@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: mercredi 14 septembre 2005 17:46
To: vhurtel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Numbering errors when generating books

Don't worry about setting the numbering properties in the individual
files, because those setting only really matter if you are printing that
one file (rather than a book that contains the file).

Always set the numbering properties from the book file before you
do the book update in preparation for publishing. The numbering
properties that relate to the currrent book get saved in the individual
files, which means that you wont get the "inconsistent properties"
message the next time you work with that same book unless you've
worked with one of the other books that share some components
in the meantime. But if you *do* work on one of the other books
in the meantime, you'll get the message for each one of the shared
files in each book. I face this situation all the time, and I simply use
the "ignore remaining inconsistencies" option so that FrameMaker can
simply do the updates it needs to do without warning me each time.
If you've verified the correct setup for the book version you're actually
working on, it simply doesn't matter that the properties saved in the
files are different than what is appropriate for the current book, so
you can safely suppress the "insonsistent properties" warning.

My opinions only; I don't speak for Intel
Fred Ridder
Intel
Parsippany, NJ