RE: hidden definitions/uses of missing fonts

James Eric Lawson wrote:

> Files must be opened with "Remember..." already set to off,
> then saved, before the missing font names are deleted.

This is true. That's why I had step 1 before step 2. :-)

> Setting "Remember..." to off in a book file simply propagates
> the off value of "Remember..." to files subsequently opened
> via the book.  Saving the files on that iteration saves the
> off value of "Remember..." but does not delete the font
> names; closing and re-opening the files, then saving them,
> deletes the missing font names.

This is not true. The setting is a system preference, not something
that's saved for each file or book. In fact, it's the following line in
the [Preferences] section of maker.ini:

RememberMissingFontName=Off

Now, it may be true that after changing the setting in the GUI, you have
to stop and restart FM -- I can't test it right now, though, and I
consider it unlikely. If you change the setting directly in maker.ini,
of course, you do have to restart FM so that it reads the change.

HTH!
Richard

------
Richard G. Combs