INFO: FrameMaker 2006 Chautauqua (conference) -- info about one of the exhibitors

Hello Framers:

The FrameMaker conference is scheduled for Raleigh, NC this November 7-9.
Last week, I posted some information about one of the speakers.  This week,
I'd like to share some info about one of the exhibitors.

To help potential attendees get a feel for the conference content, this
email contains information on one of the exhibitors that will be on hand to
talk about their FrameMaker-related tools.  I plan to send these "snapshots"
from time-to-time to intro you to exhibitors (or speakers).

If you are interested in attending the Frame conference, information is
online http://www.travelthepath.com/chat/chautauqua.html . Or, feel free to
email me directly at mailto:kethier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call
1.919.244.8559.

The conference rate is currently $695 for the full three days.  We have a
government rate of $500.  Upon request, we have established an educational
rate of $300 for university students and professors.  These rates are for
all three days of conference presentations, plus meals, exhibit access,
proceedings CD (which includes donated tools), and networking opportunities
(including potential to speak directly with Adobe's FrameMaker product team
members).

Thank you,

Kay Ethier
Conference Manager
Bright Path Solutions

EXHIBITOR:
Idiom Technologies Inc.

COMPANY & PRODUCT BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
The Idiom WorldServer product line includes WorldServer Global Electronic
Publishing, a system for creation, management, publication, and
globalization of structured content.  Global Electronic Publishing supports
any DTD and includes:

* Creation:  Integrations to Adobe Structured FrameMaker and Arbortext Epic
Editor
* Management: Native XML repository and content management system
* Publication: Production quality XSL-FO publishing engine
* Globalization: Centralized translation memory and terminology databases

Global Electronic Publishing also includes a visual workflow engine,
integrated document review management, project management dashboards,
metrics collection and reporting, and business process automation.

** NOTE: I've included more on Idiom's DITA "OpenTopic" tool at the bottom
of this email.  Very cool stuff!  But first, more conference-related
details.

EXHIBITOR IS PRESENTING:
Implementing DITA and Content Management: Adobe's Story

SCHEDULE:
This exhibitor's presentation is scheduled for November 8th, day 2 of the
conference (1:30pm).

EXHIBITS IN GENERAL:
November 7th from 8am to end of day (5:00pm)
November 8th from 8am to end of last break (3:30pm)

MORE ON IDIOM TECHNOLOGIES' "OpenTopic"
** This tool allows doc groups to use DITA and DITA maps with FrameMaker...
The out-of-the-box stuff is really cool, and they know how to specialize
too.

The optional OpenTopic module for WorldServer Global Electronic Publishing
is a DITA-based, end-to-end solution that enables technical publication
departments to move to structured authoring more quickly than if they built
components from scratch.  OpenTopic is a drop-in package that includes the
DITA DTD files and Idiom extensions, including a pre-built FrameMaker
structured application (structapp) and locale-aware output transforms.
Enhanced editing environments are available for other editors, too, notably
Arbortext Epic Editor.  The FrameMaker structured application provides an
EDD, WYSIWYG formatting, extended menus for DITA, support for the DITA reuse
model (that is, conref or content referencing), point and click linking, and
image support.  Other features of the structapp include DITA map editing
within FrameMaker and FrameMaker-style index terms. Outside of FrameMaker,
OpenTopic provides pre-built XSLT and XSL-FO output transforms for
publication quality print (PDF), help (HTML), and Windows help (CHM) output;
a browser-based preview framework including "Track Changes" redlining in
PDF; locale-aware, production quality index output for European, Asian, and
other languages; and a modular architecture for customization, extension,
and DITA specialization.  You typically need to extend the provided XSL to
match your company's graphic design.  Idiom provides several sample design
customizations, sample DITA specializations, and extended documentation of
the DITA standard.