Re: Need help quickly

These are pretty common problems, so I'll give you a quick "most likely"
fix; if that doesn't work, let us know.

1. You probably have "remember missing fonts checked" in your FM preferences.
Turn it off. Open the files, let FM substitute whatever courier you do
have, and
save the files again.

An alternate, if that doesn't work, is to save the offending files as
.mif and then
use an ASCII/text editor to search-and-replace the Not Found font name with a
known good font name.

2. Have you searched for unresolved cross references on your master pages?
And in conditional text, if you have any hidden?

3. Well, yes, I'd think so. If you're not sure, make a copy of the
other TOC before you
overwrite it.

Art

On 9/2/05, Mary Sutton <MSutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Everything's going to pot here.  I have a couple problems that are
> preventing me from updating my book:
>
> 1. Unavailable fonts.  No matter what I do, I keep getting the message that
> such-and-such document using Unavailable fonts.  I have checked all my
> paragraph defs.  They all use fonts that are installed on my machine.  The
> biggest offender is Courier - Frame keeps telling me it will replace with
> Courier New.  Problem is, all my paragraph tags use Courier New and even if
> they don't (and I can't find them), I do have Courier installed on my
> machine.  Why Frame can't see it, I have no idea.
>
> 2. Unresolved X-refs.  I have several documents that continue to tell me
> they have unresolved x-refs.  I go in, find them all, update them, save all
> my documents, and the next time I open my document, I get the unresolved
> x-refs warning again.
>
> 3. I'm getting a message about how my current TOC will be overwritten and if
> I don't want to save the changes, I should not save the new version, open
> the old one and resave in Document format.  Since I'm adding new chapter
> files to the book, plus tons of new content, wouldn't I want to replace the
> TOC?
>
> We release in two weeks.  My document lock-down is next week.  I need help,
> please.
>
> Thanks,
> Mary

Art Campbell                                             art.campbell@xxxxxxxxx