Permissions error - can't open some PDFs

Several of our PDF files are returning the following message in an Adobe
Acrobat dialog box when we try to open them, "There was an error opening
this document. Access denied."

Our files are created using FrameMaker 7.0 and Acrobat 7.0 Professional.
They are stored on a network drive. Our customer support team reports
that Acrobat is doing this and they've elevated the problem to Adobe
because another division in our company is also experiencing the problem
(I don't know how their PDFs are created).

Does anyone on this list have knowledge of this problem and the solution
to it. Fortunately we have the FrameMaker files so we can create the
PDFs, but we aren't able to remove the corrupted files.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda D. Lee
Technical Writer