OT:Extracting Text from PDFs

Hello Framers,

I am working on a project that some of you may be interested in. My client
has several thousand PDF files, which are single-page "forms" created with
an accounting package. These are static PDF files that don't contain Acrobat
form fields. The data is needed for another process. Because they can only
get PDFs, they print the PDFs and hire data entry people to key the data
into the system.

I have devised a method with Acrobat JavaScript to identify areas on the
PDFs that need to be extracted. Each area is matched with the desired data
type, for example, LastName, FirstName, SSN, etc. The result is a
comma-delimited file with all of the data from multiple PDFs.

If you or your company has a need for this kind of thing, please contact me
offlist. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585 659-8267