QA for FrameMaker docs

For the last three years, I have been the sole writer, editor, and QA person for a growing doc set. Finally I have a commitment from QA to make quality assurance of our documentation a project that deserves some of their resources.
But...
...they don't know what they are looking for.

They do not even know the realm of what can go wrong (inconsistent master pages, misapplied variables, chapters starting on even pages, wrong text-insets, etc) so they would look at every word on every page and soon burn out.
I know a little experience will go a long way.  I want to make the learning curve as easy as possible, lest the docs be seen as a major burden when all I really want is another pair of trained eyes.

We do printed and online docs. The QA would come in the copy-edit phase. All the QA folk who could be involved are involved already in the technical review process; this is really just copy-edit stuff. A complication is that each doc gets 4 deliverables: an online/color version, a printed b/w version, and then both of them rebranded with a partner's logos, product name, and legal info.

Does anyone have experience with a formal QA process for a multivolume FrameMaker doc project? I am looking for a list of use-cases and specific potential bugs. Rather than a list of things a writer would look for, I am hoping for something prepared for and used by actual QA folk.

John Sgammato
Principal Technical Writer
v 781-674-2441
f  781-674-2760
www.imprivata.com

The Reviews are in:

OneSign is "Excellent" - InfoWorld, "5 out of 5 Stars" - SC Magazine, "...truly allows easy implementation and deployment" - Federal Computer Week