Re: Default anchored frame position

Hi Steve,
Thanks for your quick answer. I'm using a custom DTD (which is a kind of simplification of xhtml). and working with an EDD. I have the following in my DTD :

<!ELEMENT img      EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST img   align  CDATA     #IMPLIED>

(this is simplification, there are other attributes for img)
And the rw rules are, for this element :

element "img" {
 is fm graphic element;
/* some other rules */
 attribute "style"
 {
   is fm property position;
   value "float:left" is fm property value run into paragraph;
   value "display:inline" is fm property value inline;
 }
}

This works fine when saving/reading a document; but I cannot get FrameMaker setting automagically the position propety to "run into paragraph" when inserting a new img element using FM interface. As the xml attribute is mapped to a fm property it is not present in the EDD definition of img so I cannot give a default value for it there.
I also tried to give a default value to this attribute in the dtd :

<!ATTLIST img align (float:left|display:inline) "float:left">

But that doesn't solved my problem (which is understandable).

If I don't find any simple solution, I wil end up writing a fdk client to do so.

Stephane.

Steve Whitlatch a écrit :

After looking closer, the correct way may be more like I am doing with the
construct for "align."

Example:

          notation attribute "align"
             {
               is fm property alignment;
               value "left" is fm property value align left;
               value "center" is fm property value align center;
               value "right" is fm property value align right;
             }

So, that would be something like:

          notation attribute "style"
             {
               is fm property position;
               value "inline" is fm property value inline;
               value "top" is fm property value top;
               value "below" is fm property value below;

               [. . . and so forth on down until you have them all listed]
               value "runin" is fm property value run into paragraph
             }

Hope this helps.

Steve Whitlatch