From: owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Allen Schaaf
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 3:14 PM
To: 'Free Framers'
Subject: Two questions and a point....

Not sure who to ask for this, but it would be real nice if the Subject:
line had [FreeFramers] as the first item. I know this can be done
automatically by configuring majordomo.

This would be a great help when software mis-identifies a post as spam
and
it gets into the junk folder. Much easier to spot the errant posts.

Second. A couple of years ago I had a utility/plugin for FrameMaker at a

previous job that would print out a para style name, typeface, point
size,
and three lines from the text that used it. I have forgotten what the
name
was. Can anyone enlighten me?

And a point. At
http://www.freeframers.org/wiki/index.php/Tech%20Writer%20%26%20Editing%
20Jobs
is a listing that I have been posting to that is mostly from recruiters
or
friends that have sent them to me not knowing that I'm currently
employed.
Given that I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, most of them are nearby.
However, a few might work for telecommuting for those of you not in the
area.

And those of you who know of a job anywhere, add to the list.

At some point in the future we can condense the information into a list
of
recruiters and companies that hire direct so we can prospect them when
times are slower.

A modest suggestion. If you have positive experience with a recruiter or
company, say so. If you know that the recruiter is bad news or the
company
abusive, don't ding them, just don't forward their listings. Can't get
in
trouble for what you don't say.

Good luck.

Allen Schaaf
Sr. Techwriter
Certified Network Security Analyst and
Intrusion Forensics Investigator - CEH, CHFI

Papageno: "What should we say now?"
Pamina: "The truth, the truth, ...even if it is a crime."