RE: Kluge around format problem with long TOC entries [Solution]

Wow.
Thank you so much Thomas. Your solution has made my day!

We've been manually adding line breaks to the TOC after each regeneration.
In our case yes we *have* to have the TOC look just so and can rarely reduce
a title in length. Formatting (page width, fonts, etc) compound the problem

The double (and triple and quadruple) tab solution has never quite worked
for me. I've tried it a few times and always end up manually repairing
something.

The solution you provided worked like a charm the very first time. No more
forgetting to fix the TOC due to deadline rush amnesia! Hoody-ho!

I've added the solution I'm posting to my coworkers here - just in case
anyone else wants a copy.

Problem:
An entry in the table of contents (TOC) is too long and wraps at the wrong
place in the table.

Example:
 Table of Contents

   1. Chapter One Title Text Goes Here.......1
   2. Chapter Two Title Text Goes Here.......3
   3. Chapter Three Title Text Goes Here But
      It Is Big and Long and Wraps Around 5

Old solution 01:
Add a manual line break to force the title to wrap at the write place.

Drawback: Anything manually added to the TOC must be re-added after each
time the TOC is generated.

Old solution 02:
Add multiple tabs to the reference page of the TOC a manual to try and
"force" the line break.

Drawback: Multiple tabs may have to be added to the reference page and the
titles grow. Exceptions occur.

New solution:
1- Go to the source of the TOC title.
2- Add non-breaking spaces (CTRL+SPACE) between all the words *after* where
you want the line to break. Repeat as needed, using a normal space
*wherever* you want the line to break.

Result: A properly wrapped line that appears as normal.

Example:
 Table of Contents

   1. Chapter One Title Text Goes Here.......1
   2. Chapter Two Title Text Goes Here.......3
   3. Chapter Three Title Text Goes
	Here*But*It*Is*Big*and*Long*and

* represents a non-breaking space.

Found on: FreeFramers email list (owner-framers@xxxxxxxxx).