Re: Kluge around format problem with long TOC entries

> Yes, I put the double tabs into the reference page.  It just seems
> rather unorthodox, but I guess the only thing that matters is that
> it works.  Haven't had a need to use triple tabs yet.  If the need
> every arises, I should probably reword the heading.  Thanks.

It may be needed if you ever have more than one tab stop defined
in the TOC paragraph, for instance to align section numbers.
Then you may need to add extra tabs to make sure you "pass them"
for multi-line entries.

Another thing to consider: if the first line of the long heading
"intrudes" into the page number area on the right, you can edit
the corresponding heading in the source file by replacing an
appropriate space with a non-breaking space. These are carried
over to the TOC, effectively forcing the surrounding words to
the next line. This works well as long as the non-breaking space
doesn't affect the line breaks of the heading itself...

--
/Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden