RE: putting printed reports into an anchored frame

NOTE! Adobe Illustrator is NOT, repeat NOT, repeat even more
emphatically NOT a general purpose PDF file editor. It does NOT
process all PDF objects and may, without warning, discard and/or
modify content of PDF files that were not saved directly from
Illustrator. Proceed at your own risk!

If your goal is simply to create an EPS file from PDF, you can
export or save EPS from Acrobat directly.

        - Dov