Re: Oh dear, Out of work for a while and I forget everything.

At 01:41 PM 7/31/04, Sue Ellen Colter wrote:
Hopefully the instructions on a Mac and a PC are close enough that you can
find it; they usually are. Here's how I would specify single-sided
printing. You'll need to do this for each template.

1. Select View > Master Pages
2. Select Format > Page Layout > Pagination
3. Click the Single Sided button
4. Verify that the rest of these settings are what you want.

Thanks, Sue, Peter, Anna, and the rest of the gang. That will get me going on Monday.

My comment about the docs is that the index is not comprehensive enough or associative enough. The words I use to search for almost never seem to be the ones they use for the same procedure. Once you find that spot then it is usually written quite clearly enough.

The other thing is there is a variable among the built-ins that uses (page#) of (total#pages) - not exactly the right syntax but you get the idea - but you can not, or at least I have not been able to break off the second part from the first and use it in a created variable. And it is not part of the building blocks for user created variables. Frustrating.

Best to y'll and yours,

Allen Schaaf

"There's more to life than increasing its speed."
  -- Mahatma Gandhi