Oh dear, Out of work for a while and I forget everything.

Maybe this is what they mean when they say brain drain.

Working up a new FM template for about forty 25 to 40 page process documents. They were using Word. :( But I got them to get FM 7.1 and I'm running it on W2K. :)

On the front cover of each booklet is a variable for the total page count for the book, but it isn't working and I'm not sure why.

The template for the book is made up of:

        title_page.fm (2 pages)
        rev_hist.fm (2 pages)
        TOC.fm (2 pages)
        preface.fm (2pages
        chapter.fm (2 pages)
        appendix.fm (2 pages)
        glossary.fm (2 pages)
        IX.fm (2 pages)

This is with almost no content yet, just footers and a couple of variables from the master pages.

Where is the setting to make the whole document print on one side only - right hand pages - as there will only be a dozen paper copies and the rest of the distribution is PDF/HTML? No duplex printer at the job so.... (I haven't done a single sided document in probably ten years!)

The other question is about the total page count variable. Even after regenerating the book it still only shows 2 for the number of pages in title_page.fm file. What a brain infarction!

You know what Adobe documentation is like so thanks bunches.

Allen Schaaf

Papageno: "What should we say now?"
Pamina: "The truth, the truth, ...even if it is a crime."