RE: TOC Continued Master Page question

Barbara's suggestion has the risk of having different layouts for master pages with the names Right and Left. Importing formats from a master template file to all files in the book would reset the specially-formatted pages you've created for the TOC.

You can probably accomplish your requirements by using the Apply Master Pages feature in FM 7. Look it up in the online Help.

HTH

At 10:44 AM 7/19/2004, Szczesniak, Barbara wrote:
Elizabeth,

Rather than making a TOCContinued master page, simply modify the Right
and Left master pages to include a text box at the top containing the
"Table of Contents (Continued)" text. Apply the TOCFirst master page to
the first page and the remaining pages should simply use the left/right
master pages automatically.

HTH,
Barbara Szczesniak

-----Original Message-----
From: eklisiewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:eklisiewicz@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:46 AM
To: framers@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: TOC Continued Master Page question

Good morning-I need to create several master pages for my TOC file. One
is the
first right hand page with the title "Table of Contents" at the top. All

subsequent pages need to say, "Table of Contents (Continued)".

Right now, when I set up the dummy template, I have applied my TOCFirst
master page to the first page in the dummy file and then TOCContinued
master page to the second page in the dummy file. After generating the
TOC, only the second page contains the TOCContinued master page. All
subsequent pages take on the TOCFirst master page.

When I set up my TOC file, how do you recommend I apply master pages so
that I get the correct first page and the correct TOC continued pages?
In this case, do I wait until I generate the TOC and then apply the
correct master pages at the end? I guess what I am asking is if there is
a way to set up a dummy template so that when I generate the TOC, the
layout is the way I want it.

Regards,

Peter Gold
Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker, Acrobat, InDesign
KnowHow ProServices
www.knowhowpro.com
Voice: 612.823.7113
FAX: 1-413-832-3550