RE: TOC Continued Master Page question

Elizabeth K. wrote:

> Good morning-I need to create several master pages for my TOC
> file. One is the
> first right hand page with the title "Table of Contents" at
> the top. All
> subsequent pages need to say, "Table of Contents (Continued)".
<snip> I guess what I am asking is if there is a way to set
> up a dummy template so that when I generate the TOC, the
> layout is the way I want it.

So you want these headings on the master pages (background text)?

It sounds like you're using the default Right master page for the first
page and a custom master page for the second. FM assigns the default
Right (and Left, if two-sided layout) master page to all new pages. So
you don't need several master pages. You just need to set up the Right
and Left master pages to work for all pages after the first.

(Note: In FM7, you can assign custom master pages based on pgf tags,
which complicates things and provides other options. But you don't say
what version you're on. I'm assuming FM6 or earlier.)

Assuming a two-sided layout, set up both the right and left default
pages with your "Table of Contents (Continued)" background text. Then
create a new custom master page (say, TOCFirst) with your first page
background text.

Apply the custom TOCFirst master page to the first page. Add enough text
to make the file three pages, and make sure the second and third pages
use the default Left and Right master pages. Then delete the added text
and save the file.

HTH!
Richard

------