Re: question about chapter number variable

> ChaptHeading (inserts the word "Chapter" plus the number)
> Title
> Body
>
> Here's what we have for the ChaptHeading tag:
>
> Numbering = C:Chapter <$chapnum>
> Space above = 66.0 pt, but it's not happening

That's by design in FM. Space Above doesn't apply for the top paragraph
in a text column. If you really need a space there, you could either
use a special master page that moves the top of the text frame down,
or use the Frame Above setting in the Advanced Properties.

To use Frame Above, you need to create an empty graphic frame on the
Reference page, with the desired height. When the frame is added to
the Ref. page, you are prompted to enter a name for the frame.
This is the name you then select in the ChaptHeading's Frame Above.

Thomas Michanek, FrameMaker/UNIX/MIF expert
Technical Communicator, Uppsala, Sweden
mailto:Thomas.Michanek@xxxxxxxxx
http://go.to/framers/