From: owner-framers@omsys.com [mailto:owner-framers@omsys.com]On Behalf
Of Linda McClain Jackson
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 15:56
To: 'framers'
Subject: cross-reference/building block question

hi folks

I'm in the process of updating our department's manuals to new FM 6.0
templates.

in porting over the content, I found a glitch w/ how the cross-references
now appear:  they are showing as

"See <link>"Adding a Response Configuration" on page 96 ..."

my hope was that from the Cross Reference dialog box, I could Edit Format,
and still get these to work/update, but that's not proving to be the case.
part of my confusion is that <link> isn't on the building block list.  (I
may be misunderstanding, but I thought building blocks came supplied by FM.)
in sum, I'm needing to manually re-insert the cross-references anew to make
them viable.

is there a more efficient way to go about this?  I was hoping FM would
continue to recognize cross-references in their new context. can FM help me
w/ this?

(we have also recently upgraded to 7.0, but that went smoothly, and I don't
believe that plays into this issue.)

appreciate any guidance in advance,

linda