Re: Creating PDF for recto-verso printing (FM 6.O)

D.R.

What you are trying to do is what is called "imposition".

The WORST thing you can do (and we can vouch for that from the large
number of complaints we hear from customers who have this done TO THEM
by clueless prepress service providers) is to provide PDF files from
which pages are "placed" into Quark XPress documents. You are guaranteeing
problems that way.

Simplest thing to do is to generate LOGICAL pages in FrameMaker and
create a PDF file with those pages in logical order, i.e. 1 to "n".
Then, in Acrobat using a plugin from Quite Software called "Quite Imposing
Plus", perform the necessary imposition. You have quite a bit of
flexibility with this plugin and many of us at Adobe will vouch for
the high quality of it. You can do n-up documents, booklets, or even
complex books of multiple signatures. It does all the rearranging and
placement of your logical pages into a new document of whatever
physical page size you want.

A similar plugin product that is also available is called PDF Snake.

        - Dov