From: larry.kollar@arrisi.com [mailto:larry.kollar@arrisi.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 1:45 PM
To: Framers List
Cc: framers@omsys.com
Subject: Re: Frame error message when saving

It may have something to do with your Compatibility Preferences settings
(File -> Preferences -> General). If you set it to "Macintosh," then
you'll get that error if your Frame file name is longer than 31
characters. The problem stems, I think, from Frame tacking on a ".backup"
to the old file name when you have automatic backup turned on -- the OS
ends up truncating the name & then Frame can't find the file.

In short, your best bet to avoid that problem is to turn off "Automatic
Backup on Save" (also in Preferences). You could also keep file names
relatively short (less than 24 characters or so).
--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives

"Rick Henkel" <frameuser@hotmail.com>
Sent by: bounce-framers-84669@lists.FrameUsers.com
02/13/03 08:33 AM
Please respond to "Rick Henkel"