Re: Transparency

I don't know who the bird "Dove" is, but the bear will try to respond ...

Import of any object with transparency into FrameMaker, whether an
image file out of Photoshop or a PDF 1.4 file with transparency
directly exported out of InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop results
in flattening of that object. PostScript does not support transparency
nor does FrameMaker's internal imaging model. The flattening process
tries to emulate the transparent look of artwork with non-opaque
objects via the flattening process. The flattening occurs when
importing PDF 1.4 into FrameMaker, not during PDF export.
Automatic flattening on import is somewhat dicey. I would recommend
that you import pre-flattened EPS saved out of Photoshop in your
case.

        - Dov