Transparency

Reading the last couple of days, about PDF, EPS and FrameMaker, I
thought I might join up with my little problem. I'm sure someone can
give me an answer why it is this way.

I have some PDF, created in PhotoShop 7, and in the export to PDF, the
transparency is preserved.

These PDF's is now imported into FrameMaker 7, and then saved as PDF.
If I only do this once, there is no transparency in the images imported,
but if I save the FrameMaker file twice as a PDF, the second PDF is
correct.

Could it be there is a small flaw in the "PDF import internally convert
to EPS mechanism" that Dove described?

It is just rather tedious to save the document twice in order to
preserve the transparency.

/Thomas