RE: Upgrade to Windows XP

Walter,

I assume that you actually fully wiped out Windows'98 and installed
Windows XP Pro on a newly-formatted disk partition, right?!?
I honestly don't know what happened when you got a failure when attempting
to install Acrobat. Hopefully you were trying to install Acrobat 5.0.5.
Any previous version would have been highly problematic under Windows XP.
Assuming that what was eventually installed was Acrobat 5.0.5, you should
not have had any need whatsoever to download and install any printer driver
or create any printer driver instances for Acrobat. The Acrobat 5.0.5
installer does create an Acrobat Distiller PostScript printer driver
instance using the latest PostScript driver. If it didn't, I suspect that
something is still fundamentally wrong with either your computer or how
your Windows XP Pro was installed. The failure of the Acrobat install and
the failure of the driver install indicate something is flakey with your
system. (You are running as Administrator, correct?!?!?)

        - Dov