Re: Creating imposition directly using save as PDF?

The "n-up" option of the printer drivers is NOT an imposition tool
in that it always shrinks "n" pages of size Y x Z onto a single Y x Z
page.

The most reliable method that I found for this is to create a PDF file
based on your logical page size. Then, within Acrobat, invoke the
Quite Imposing or Quite Imposing Plus plug-in from Quite Software
<http://www.quite.com/> OR the PDFSnake plug-in <http://www.pdfsnake.com/>.
These allow you to take your logical PDF pages and create a new PDF file
with pages imposed according to your needs. Yes, it costs a few $$$, but
it is a lot less expensive than the "high-end" page imposition packages
(up to $10,000) used by many prepress service bureaus.

        - Dov