Re: When will Adobe come clean on FrameMaker 7.0 gray boxes? [CLARIFICATIONS]

>> They ... are all related to video memory, not machine RAM.
>> [Frame] actually recommended several graphics cards to help
>> and they did. I don't know if Adobe has a similar list somewhere.
>
> No, it's not a video card or video memory problem...
> In fact the problem appears on a computer with AMPLE memory:
> 256 Mb and NO other applications running.

Note that she said "video memory, not machine RAM." It
could well be a problem with running out of video memory.

I've not seen the problem myself, on MacOS anyway. But I
checked with a co-worker (using a Dell laptop) and he
says it happens to him fairly often... then showed me.
He said he also had it happen using FM6. Everything is
OK making PDFs, and he has had the problem go away by
re-importing graphics.

I hope you can get that refund.

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives