Re: Page Sizing is Being Prevented

> In the Master Pages, I reduced the main text column to 70 x 90 mm. After a
> few experiments, my left margin is 2 mm and my top margin is 2 mm. The
> footer is 70 x 4.5 mm. There is no header.
>
> [...] I receive an
> error message: "Resulting columns would be too narrow."
> [...] I receive an error message:
> "The top or bottom margin does not leave enough
> room for the header or footer."

The User Interface of FM doesn't permit too narrow margins
or column widths, presumably in an attempt to "help" you
not to create documents that would violate FM's conception
of how a document "should" be designed.

I think you can work around these limitations by:
1. Set the margins and column widths to "acceptable" values.
2. Save the document to MIF format.
3. Open the MIF file in a text editor in plain text format.
4. Search for "MasterPage" (I believe) to find the definition
   of the different Master Pages.
5. In the page definition, locate the TextRect statements
   corresponding to your text frames.
6. Edit the position and size values, probably defined in a
   ShapeRect statement.
7. Save the MIF file in a plain text format (ASCII).
8. Open the edited MIF file in FM.

I don't have a MIF file in front of me, but you should be able
to find the settings according to above (taken from memory).